This is a small system I created for my kids when we went on an overseas holiday in 2015. I'd looked into existing systems-- but they were all overengineered, with too many dependencies.
- Individual blogs can have custom template.html and style.css
- Basic blog settings saved in blog.json
- Create a new entry by adding a markdown formatted text file to the dropbox folder, named as YYYYMMDD[a-e].md
- Images and other files can be stored in same folder or subfolder (as long as they're referenced properly in the markdown). Images use the standard markdown ![img name](link) format. Links to videos online can be put in with iframe or video tags
- Changes picked up as soon as dropbox is synced
- Entries can be created on computer, or on any mobile app that can save a text file into Dropbox.
- Blog will show most recent entry by default, with prev/next links and a link to a complete index
- Web server, running dropbox (I use headless, selective sync)
- Node.js and the marked and node-static npm modules
- Individual blog folders created under a single folder on Dropbox and shared with each blog owner
- DNS entries for each blog subdomain
- Proxying setup from apache or other web server (only if the web server is required for other things)